The Joslyn Castle is writing a new chapter for its Art and Literary Festival.
The 11th annual event will feature the same kind of content, but this year, it’s primarily virtual and celebrates artists from Omaha, Lincoln, Council Bluffs and the surrounding areas.
“Art and Literary Festival: Close to Home!” will run Oct. 14 through 18. It will feature a virtual art gallery and a live exhibit by Michael Elizabeth Johnson, a fellow at The Union for Contemporary Arts, in the Castle Gardens. It also will include theater, readings, concerts, interviews and workshops.
The schedule, with all presentations at 7 p.m.:
• Wednesday: Creative nonfiction with John Price and Joy Castro.
• Thursday: Poetry with Matt Mason and Sarah McKinstry Brown
• Friday: Fiction with Timothy Schaffert and Chigozie Obioma
• Saturday: Drama with Beaufield Berry and Laura Campbell
• Oct. 18: Songwriting with Virginia Kathryn and Mario Foreman-Powell
Some of the same artists, and a few others, will conduct workshops on Saturday and Sunday. To sign up for the workshops and learn more about the festival, visit joslyncastle.com.
‘THE MUSIC MAN’ WILL RETURN TO CHANTICLEER