Having a baby is an exciting time for parents and families. Mercy Health is looking forward to providing safe, personalized care for mothers, babies, and their families in the office and in the brand new birth center in Muskegon.
Dr. Caitlin Brazda from Mercy Health Physician Partners Lakes OB/GYN in Muskegon discusses what patients can expect when they are expecting.
The brand new state-of-the-art birth center will be opening for patient care mid-October. The new birth center will offer care all on one floor, with Labor & Delivery, and private and spacious post-recovery rooms all on the same floor. Other amenities include:
- Birthing/triage/postpartum all on one floor
- Spacious, private rooms
- Plenty of natural light
- Walking paths to support patients in early labor
- Comfortable patient and family waiting areas
- Each room with a tub and shower
- 2 ORs dedicated to OBGYN
- In-house OBGYN, anesthesia, neonatal nurse practitioner 24 hrs per day
- Level 2 nursery (can deliver and care for premature babies)
- Secure entrance to the floor
- Ultrasound room available on the same floor
- Multiple pain control options include nitrous
- Labor & Delivery teams are the same and we are excited and ready to welcome new moms and babies into this beautiful and relaxing environment.
Similar to all areas of the hospital, Mercy Health has enhanced cleaning processes per CDC guidelines, for both in-office visits and the new birth center.
Patients and visitors are screened when arriving for appointments and masks are required during visits. For everyone’s safety, all staff, patients, and visitors are required to wear masks at all times in the facility.
OB patients are allowed to bring one support person to appointments, but GYN patients cannot bring visitors unless special assistance needed.
Mercy Health birth center will also offer video visits.
To learn more about receiving care at Mercy Health during your pregnancy, visit MercyHealthMaternityCare.com.